A step by step instruction manual for getting started:
How to Book a Goodlawyer
Step 1: Claim your Goodlawyer Account
To claim your account:
- 1. Open the email from Goodlawyer with the subject line “Your Legal Concierge Call”.
- 2. Click on the “Access Your Account” link (active for 7 days after your call with your Legal Concierge)
- 3. You will be prompted to create and enter a unique password for your Goodlawyer Account.
Step 2: Review Profiles of Recommended Lawyers
Once you have chosen your password, you will be automatically logged in and can choose the lawyer profiles that your Legal Concierge has recommended.
Please Note — The lawyers recommended to you by your Legal Concierge will always be available by clicking on the “Appointment Summary” link found on the dashboard of your Goodlawyer Account.
Step 3: Book Your Lawyer
To book an Advice Session, Contract Review, or Fixed Fee Service with a lawyer:
- 1. Click on “View Profile” under the lawyer’s name OR click on the lawyer’s profile link included in the follow up email from your Legal Concierge.
- 2. Click on “Continue with (Lawyer’s Name)” below their profile picture.
- 3. Once you have clicked “Continue with (Lawyer’s Name)”, you may select a 15-minute Legal Advice session, a $25 per page Contract Review, or the option to choose a specific Fixed-Fee Service.
- PLEASE NOTE — If this is your first time speaking with the lawyer, we strongly encourage booking a Legal Advice Session prior to booking any fix-fee service.
Step 4: Complete Your Goodlawyer Account
At this point, you will be prompted to provide final details to complete your profile.
You will also be prompted to enter your credit card information, even if you are using a coupon for a free 15 minute Advice Session.
PLEASE NOTE — We require your credit card information to comply
with Law Society client verification regulations. This information must
be entered prior to booking any services on the Goodlawyer platform.
We do not store any credit card information on Goodlawyer. It is all securely stored with Stripe, our payment processing provider.
Step 5: Review and Finalize Booking
Once you have completed your Account Registration, you will be ready to confirm your booking.
PLEASE NOTE —
- 1. If you have a Promo Code, ensure it has been applied. The Promo Code discount will be shown on the bottom line of the fee breakdown.
- 2. Advice Sessions can be cancelled up to 2 hours before your call. Contract Reviews can be cancelled up to 2 days before your call.
- 3. Fixed-fee and custom-quote services must be cancelled BEFORE the lawyer begins work.